Saturday, November 22, 2014

Scrabble Spelling

This Wednesday, I was able to volunteer in my first grade daughter's classroom.  Shay was very excited, as she always is when I put in an appearance at her school.  She pops out of bed on the morning of the "big day," saying "You're coming to my school today!!"

On this particular day, I got to work with kids in groups of two on spelling words.  I read them their spelling words, then they used Scrabble tiles to spell the words, and then they wrote the words on white boards.  Shay is really good at spelling, so it always surprises me how hard it is for some of her classmates, and it was really nice to get a chance to work in small groups with them instead of larger groups like I've done before.  It also gave me a chance to get to know some of them a little better, which was really fun.

The only down side was that both Liam and Aiden fussed the entire time we were there.  They had been total champs the last two times I volunteered, but this time made it pretty clear that I'm going to have to look into other options for them for future volunteer options.


2 / 40

No comments:

Post a Comment