Monday, December 29, 2014

Book 6: My True Love Gave To Me



Last week I finished reading My True Love Gave To Me: Twelve Holiday Stories edited by Stephanie Perkins.  This delightful anthology contains Christmas-themed stories from some of the best voices in today's young adult literature.  My very favorite story was "Midnights" by Rainbow Rowell (an author I deeply admire).  Other standouts included "Angels in the Snow" by Matt de la Pena, "It's A Christmas Miracle, Charlie Brown" by Stephanie Perkins, and "What in the Hell Have You Done, Sophie Roth?" by Gayle Forman.  I also particularly enjoyed stories by three authors I had not read before: "Beer Buckets and Baby Jesus" by Myra McEntire, "Welcome to Christmas, CA" by Kiersten White, and "Star of Bethlehem" by Ally Carter.  Click here to see my full review.

6 / 200

No comments:

Post a Comment