Thursday, January 15, 2015

Prepare to Shine


One of my goals is to run a 5K.  With this in mind, I have officially signed up for this year's Color Run.  It's going to take place on June 6 here in Indianapolis, and the theme this year in Shine--which I fear might mean that it's going to involve glitter or something.  I am particularly worried because I am NOT a runner.  By which I mean, I can runner at a tortoise's pace for about 60 seconds, and then I'm done.  But I have signed up to do the race with my friends Andrea, Rob, Chris, Derek, and Carrie, all of whom are fully capable of running a 5K, like, TODAY.  Whereas I need some SERIOUS training.  So I've started the Couch to 5K training program, and while it just drives home the fact that I am a total weakling, I will hopefully not be a weakling by June.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment