Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Recipe: Cream Cheese Icing

I got this recipe for cream cheese icing from my friend Jennie years ago.  We used to make it only for special occasions, but now that I can't eat store-bought icing due to all the corn-based sweeteners in it, this is my go-to for every cake-based occasion.  And since our family celebrates three birthdays in the month of November, I've had a lot of it this winter.  And let me tell you, it's totally delicious.  I've discovered that if I buy a Betty Crocker Gluten-Free cake mix and top with with this cream cheese icing, I am a totally happy lady.  Like, eat-the-entire-cake happy.  Yum.

Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla

4-6 cups powdered sugar

Directions:
Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Add half sugar and beat.
Beat in remaining sugar until spreading consistency.
Store iced cake, covered, in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment