Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Recipe: Hot Spinach Dip

I got this recipe for hot spinach dip from my mom.  She served it as an appetizer at Christmas, and I gobbled it up on gluten-free crackers.  I think I'm going to make it this week, either to serve on the side of chicken breasts or to eat as a dip with Beanito chips.  Enjoy!  :)

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp oil
1 small onion, chopped
10-oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed or microwaved and squeezed or drained dry
2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
8-oz pkg cream cheese, cut into ½ inch pieces
½ cup milk
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar

salt and garlic powder to taste

Directions:
Saute onions in oil for about 4 minutes in a large saucepan.
Add in and mix remaining ingredients.
Spoon into 8x8 baking dish.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Add more shredded cheese on top for the last few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment