Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Arizona: July 5, 2003

A continuation of the cross-country adventure I shared with Ben in the summer of 2003....


Day 28--Saturday, July 5


The long, relaxing day at Vicki's house fell into several categories: sleeping, eating, visiting with Susan and Marco (other cousin's of Mom's), enjoying stories of Vicki's childhood, diligently working my way through the first 300+ pages of Harry Potter, and spending time with Mom.


For dinner, we went to the local favorite, Casa Molina.  "We" included Vick and Allen, their son Robert (who is my age), Aunt Anne, Uncle Bus, Pam and Clarke Bell, Mom, Ben, and me.  I spent most of the meal talking with Anne about her growing up years and discussing the best route to Las Vegas with Robert and Allen.


On the way back to Vicki's house, we spent some time looking at the devastating forest fire that is raging on top of a nearby mountain.  Apparently it just keeps spreading and the fire department can't get it under control.  When Ben and I drove into town yesterday, we thought it might be a volcano.  The whole area smells like smoke because of it.


Back at Vicki's house, Ben and I talked for a long time, and I eventually fell asleep.


12 / 40

No comments:

Post a Comment