Thursday, September 29, 2016

Florida and Tennessee: July 17, 2003

A continuation of the cross-country adventure I shared with Ben during the summer of 2003....


Day 41--Thursday, July 17, 2003


This should be a very easy day to tell about.  Our morning consisted of repacking the Jeep, which was a much harder task than it seemed, and then getting on the road.  We spent all day long driving toward Nashville, which was our stopping point en route to Elkhart and Michigan.  When we arrived and managed to find our hotel, the girl working the desk was busy standing in front of a hall mirror and applying her makeup.  She was none too polite to us, but we out into our room with minimal problems.  This was probably the nicest hotel we've been in yet.  The furniture was nice, and there was a sitting area and a dining area, as well as a large main room and bathroom.  I had intended to go straight to bed because I was so tired, but my book was so good that I couldn't put it down.  Ben started watching TV, and the noise distracted me, so I took The King's Buccaneer into the bathroom and sat there reading until I finished.  As soon as I was done, I crawled into bed, glad that our long day of travel was finally at an end.







19 / 40

No comments:

Post a Comment