Monday, October 3, 2016

Michigan: July 21, 2003

A continuation of the cross-country adventure I shared with Ben during the summer of 2003....


Day 45--Monday, July 21, 2003


Around 8:00, I gave up on trying to sleep anymore and curled into the big armchair in the living room.  Ben emerged from the bedroom around 11:00, wild with panic because I hadn't been in bed when he woke up.


I spent my day sitting on various pieces of furniture in the living room, sipping feebly at 7-Up and water and trying to nibble on Saltines.  Diane and Lindsay got me some Popsicles, and I managed to get one of those down.  Ben and Dad managed to fit in some golf during the day, and I think everyone else ate in the dining room for dinner, but I really spent my whole day sitting around.  I watched some TV and showered while everyone else was at dinner.  I was so weak that I couldn't really stand in the hot water, so I had to sit on the floor and let it wash over me.  I got sick again only minutes after getting out of the shower, so it didn't really succeed in making me feel any cleaner.


I joined in the evening's board games, including Who Wants to be a Millionaire.  Kristin and Carly came back from wherever they had been, screaming about how Michael and some of his friends from school had been unbearably rude to them (something about how they'd rather rearrange their sock drawers than hang out with the girls).


That was about the extent of my day, and I went to bed early.  Ben slept in my room again since it was pretty clear that I wasn't fully recovered yet.




20 / 40

No comments:

Post a Comment