Saturday, October 15, 2016

New Hampshire and Massachusetts: July 31, 2003

A continuation of the cross-country adventure I shared with Ben during the summer of 2003....


Day 55--Thursday, July 31, 2003


I woke up around 7:30 and couldn't get back to sleep, so I sat in bed, reading Tracy's copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix while waiting for Ben to wake up.  I read for nearly two hours before he got up and we went downstairs to eat waffles and watch cartoons with Sophie.  After we showered and got ready, Ben and I packed up the car and drove to Plum Island, Massachusetts, a beach Tracy had recommended.


We didn't have on our suits, and my skin was still a little tingly where my sunburn had been, so we sat in the shade under the lifeguard stand.  Ben got an earful of the drunken and romantic escapades of the lifeguard while I burned through the rest of Harry Potter.  We then took a nice walk down the beach before climbing back in the car to return to Tracy's.  Once there, I took a nice long nap while Ben reworked his resume to send to a temporary agency in Indianapolis that contacted him today about working in placement for them.


We spent the evening eating pizza with Tracy and Mike and family, playing with cute little Sophie, who seemed to be quite enamored with Ben, talking with Tracy, and petting Ginger, the "somewhat OCD" dog who likes to lick the carpet.  This visit has been great--very relaxing, and time spent among good friends.








24 / 40

No comments:

Post a Comment